HR Advisor - Borehamwood
- Job Type
- Full Time
- 37.5 hours per week
- Proposed Salary
- £30,000 - £35,000 per annum
- Job Ref
- Job Description
Here at Safestore our people make the difference. We’re a friendly team and thrive on providing exceptional customer service, whilst selling the right storage solution to our customers.
The focus of the role will be on providing pro-active, high-quality HR/ER support to both an operations and corporate customer base of approximately 500 employees at all levels across the UK.
You will work alongside the regional retail teams, supporting Managers and providing first-line advice on a wide variety of Employee Relations issues, as well as assisting with recruitment and generalist HR matters, producing reports and writing procedures and policies.
You can earn a salary of £30,000- £35,000 per annum and be based in our Head Office, located in Borehamwood, with opportunities for flexible working.
- Act as a main point of contact for retail employees across the UK, providing preliminary HR advice to all employees and line managers on matters concerning employee relations, employment law, contractual terms and conditions, family policies and absence management
- Maintenance of the HR Case Management system, ensuring cases are logged, tracked and closed as appropriate
- Maintain employee records and ensure that the business is compliant with relevant legislation such as GDPR and the data protection act.
- Revision and implementation of new and existing policies and procedures to fall in line with current legislation. Ensure line managers understand these policies and procedures and encourage compliance.
Other Duties & Responsibilities (alongside the HR/Payroll Administrator)
- Maintenance of the HR Information Systems, entering all employee information (processing of new starters, leavers, holiday and absences), ensuring records are kept accurate and up to date.
- Take responsibility for drafting and sending out employment correspondence e.g. offer letters, contracts of employment, amendment letters, and references.
- Carry out monthly payroll tasks and checks
Experience & skills required
- Qualified or studying towards CIPD with expereince of working within a fast paced HR function
- Good understanding of employment law and how that applies to policies and processes
- Have a confidential and professional approach with the aptitude to work autonomously
- Ability to organise, plan and prioritise workload whilst working to strict deadlines
- Willingness and flexibility to travel and some overnight stays as required
Why work for Safestore?
Sitting within the FTSE 250, we are a well-known, respectable brand within our market. We have an impressive track record in managing and developing assets, with over 100 stores nationwide and 43,000 plus customers. Investing in our people, Safestore has been awarded Platinum accreditation by Investors In People.