Finance Projects Manager - Borehamwood
- Job Type
- Full Time
- 37.5 hours per week
- Proposed Salary
- £40,000 - £50,000 per annum plus annual bonus
- Job Ref
- Job Description
Here at Safestore our people make the difference. We are looking for a Finance Projects Manager to join our friendly and energetic team at Head Office.
As a key member of the business you will be supporting the Director of Commercial Finance in administering and managing the M&A projects and supporting the Group Financial Controller in new acquisition finance integration and European financial control as well as performing Internal Audit work across the Group’s geographies.
M&A Project Management
- Support project leader with all aspects of co-ordination of M&A projects from inception to post acquisition implementation
- Conduct research to support the commercial due diligence of M&A targets
- Manage the information flow around M&A projects
- Maintain the M&A records and reference information
- Adhoc admin support for the Commercial team
Finance Project Accountant
- Acquisition project support
- European control support
- Interim/ Year end reporting assistance
Internal financial Auditor
- Establish risk-based audit programs
- Determine compliance with policies and procedures
We are looking for a qualified accountant, with varied experience in project and finance roles in either practise or corporate environment. You will need to be able to demonstrate:
- Exceptional organisation, communication & stakeholder management skills
- Ability to understand business priorities and quickly adapt to changes
- Administering complex projects to ensure visibility of progress and issues
- Drive and ability to deliver high-quality and accurate outputs
- Ability to work under pressure, manage multiple demands and support deadlines
- Comprehensive understanding of financial and statutory accounting. European accounting practices would be a bonus but not essential
- Ability to take full accountability for the internal audit process across the group
- Flexible and pragmatic outlook and attitude.
Why work for Safestore?
Sitting within the FTSE 250, we are a well-known, respectable brand within our market. We have an impressive track record in managing and developing assets, with over 100 stores nationwide and 43,000 plus customers. Investing in our people, Safestore has been awarded Gold accreditation by Investors In People.
Self-Storage is more than what you think it is. We are in the business of solving customer’s storage needs whether it’s a family looking to move house or a business looking to store their stock, our customers make it interesting.