Junior Recruiter - Borehamwood
- Job Type
- Full Time
- 37.5 hours per week
- Proposed Salary
- £20,000 - £25,000 per annum
- Job Ref
- Job Description
Here at Safestore our people make the difference. We’re a friendly team and thrive on providing exceptional customer service, whilst selling the right storage solution to our customers.
The Junior Recruiter is based within the HR department and reports into the Recruitment Manager. They support the end-to-end recruitment process, ensuring we attract, select and recruit the best available candidates in order that we fill our operational vacancies efficiently and effectively.
- Taking ownership of the recruitment process including, sourcing and screening candidates, organising interviews, serving as the main point of contact during the selection process and providing an excellent candidate experience.
- Posting vacancies to all relevant platforms including the careers website and current job boards.
- Screening applications against agreed criteria, conducting pre-screen and telephone interviews to provide suitable shortlists to Hiring Managers/Key Stakeholders.
- Proactively seeking candidates through CV searching.
- Scheduling face-to-face interviews and ensuring effective communication with candidates at all times regarding recruitment status.
- Providing effective preparation of all material required for the assessment for both candidate and Hiring Manager.
- Following up after interview with both candidates and Hiring Managers/Key Stakeholders.
- Collecting interview feedback and outcomes.
- Making offers and on-boarding candidates accordingly.
- Collecting and logging basic interview data and making recommendations for improvement.
- Actively seeking feedback from hiring managers and candidates.
- General ad-hoc administration
Experience & skills required
- Recruitment/resourcing experience, either in an in-house or recruitment agency environment, preferably within retail or sales.
- Experience in advertising roles on job boards and CV searching
- Experience in screening and shortlisting candidates
- An effective communicator with excellent organisation skills
- Good level of knowledge and competence with Microsoft Office
- Strong time management skills and the ability to prioritise
- Able to work autonomously and use initiative
- Dedicated team player, capable and willing to work independently and as part of a larger team
- Able to work well under pressure and to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
Why work for Safestore?
Sitting within the FTSE 250, we are a well-known, respectable brand within our market. We have an impressive track record in managing and developing assets, with over 100 stores nationwide and 43,000 plus customers. Investing in our people, Safestore has been awarded Gold accreditation by Investors In People.