Group Finance Manager - Borehamwood
- Job Type
- Full Time
- 37.5 hours per week
- Proposed Salary
- £60,000 - £65,000 per annum plus benefits
- Job Ref
- Job Description
Here at Safestore our people make the difference. We’re a friendly team and thrive on providing exceptional customer service, whilst selling the right storage solution to our customers.
We are looking for an ACA qualified accountant with at least 4 to 5 years PQE, to join us in the role of Group Finance Manager. You will have excellent communication skills along with the flexibility to approach a variety of tasks with a systematic and adaptable manner. Previous experience in Group reporting and consolidation is essential, preferably within a UK listed Group. You will be naturally diligent and have excellent technical and systems skills.
Self-Storage is more than what you think it is. We are in the business of solving customer’s storage needs whether it’s a family looking to move house or a student on summer break, our customers make it interesting and you will be responsible for a variety of areas including:
- Group consolidation: Maintain the Group consolidation model for half year and year end, including management of all consolidation and IFRS accounting adjustments, and minor updates for monthly reporting.
- Annual report: Support the annual report drafting process for a FTSE 250 Group, including preparation of the Group financial statements and related notes, as well as review of other annual report sections, supporting the audit process and assisting the preparation of the published “glossy” report.
- Subsidiary statutory accounts: Preparation of the statutory accounts under FRS 101 for approximately eight UK subsidiaries, ensuring the accounts are audited and signed within 6 months of the year end (for banking compliance purposes).
- Technical accounting: Manage any technical accounting issues faced by the Group including, when appropriate the preparation of accounting judgement papers for the CFO and Audit Committee. Addressing accounting developments as they arise, for example the impending impact of the new international standards for leases, and recently adopted standards on financial instruments and revenue reporting. Ensure accounting policies and procedures are complete, and that they are maintained and updated.
- Support: Providing support to other activities and processes within the Group and UK finance function.
This role attracts a basic salary of £60,000 to £65,000 plus other benefits including a Car Allowance, Bonus and Long-term Incentive Plan
- ACA qualified accountant with at least 4 to 5 years PQE
- Experience of Group reporting and consolidation, preferably within a UK listed Group
- Exposure to IFRS and FRS 101, and a track record of addressing technical accounting challenges
- Strong Excel skills and robust attention to detail
- Knowledge of Access Dimensions would be an advantage
Why work for Safestore?
Sitting within the FTSE 250, we are a well-known, respectable brand within our market. We have an impressive track record in managing and developing assets, with over 100 stores nationwide and 43,000 plus customers. Investing in our people, Safestore has been awarded Gold accreditation by Investors In People.