Asset & Development Surveyor - 1004-HO
- Job Type
- Full Time
- 37.5 hours per week
- Proposed Salary
- £25,000 - £37,000 per annum plus annual bonus
- Job Description
Here at Safestore our people make the difference. We are looking for a Asset & Development Surveyor to join our friendly small property team at Head Office. This is a unique prospect to work client-side on a national portfolio. You will gain exposure to live issues with potential to influence property strategy.
Self-Storage is more than what you think it is. We are in the business of solving customer’s storage needs whether it’s a family looking to move house or a business looking to store their stock, our customers make it interesting and you will be exposed to a variety of tasks.
- Work closely with the Asset Manager to maximise potential from each property
- Management of the leasehold estate including rent reviews, service charges, business rates and insurance
- Instruct and work with professional advisors (lawyers, lease advisory, valuations etc.)
- Involvement in shaping planning policy on specific assets
- Conduct research for potential transactions to include; identifying sites, establishing ownership of sites, contacting land owners
- Assist in valuation and appraisal of sites
Experience & skills required:
- Must hold a RICS accredited property degree
- If not already achieved MRICS status you must be willing to or already working towards achieving Chartered Surveyor status (we will support the succession to work toward the position of a Chartered Surveyor)
- Previous and relevant work experience
- Ability to understand the business and balance commercial needs with assessed risks
- Ability to fully engage with all levels of employees and stakeholders
- You must be flexible and willing to visit sites across various locations in the UK and have a Full Driving Licence
You can earn a basic salary of £25,000 - £37,000 per annum depending on expereince plus Annual Bonus.
Why work for Safestore?
Sitting within the FTSE 250, we are a well-known, respectable brand within our market. Safestore has an impressive track record in managing and developing its assets, with over 43,700 customers and 134 stores.